Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WOYWW 69

Well this is my workdesk today.

It is full of scraps that i am trying to use up to make tags. Really, have you ever looked at your stash with a clinical non-crafter's pair of eyes....how much stuff do we hoard?!?



I have no end of bits of left over paper from pages and cards that I have made in the past. I never throw anything out, as it isnt so easy for me to source replacements here. Although there are lots of  online stores offering international postage, we havent figured out how to guarantee their way through the postal system here. I hardly ever use the scraps, instead I end up having to find storage for them. So, what better use for them than to put them towards a good cause.

One of our friends needs urgent surgery and it is going to cost a lot of money. To that end, one of the local cafes is organising a fund raising event and tags is my contribution. You dont get many tags of any description here, and it was suggested that i should make some to donate rather than cards.

I will post later with some photos showing my efforts. Right now I am playing at cutting up old cards and bits of stash scraps and hoping that it all comes together in time.

Of course I will be popping over to see what is on the other WOYWW desks through the day.

happy wednesday

9 comments:

nnalorac said...

A creative desk, love it and like you, keep everything and sometime know I have it somewhere, but where!!! nnalorac.x

Susanne said...

I've accumulated a ton of scraps lately too. I'll have to have a go at making tags - that's just not something I've tried yet.

Sarah said...

Don't worry - I am a major hoarder too - not just my own scraps but anything slightly paperish - good luck with the tags - hope they do well!

We have postage - but you have the coast....
Sarah (Sasa 27)

Katie said...

Wonderful workspace! If I wasn't so sure I have to move in a year, I'd be much more of a craft hoarder! Great idea donating tags to help a friend! Good luck with it all :)

Katie (83)

Twiglet said...

Good luck with the tags - sounds like a great idea to use up bits and bobs and make some funds!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a great way to use up the scraps,and good luck with the fund raiser. Love Turkey, one of my favourite countries. Welcome to WOYWW too!

Hugs
Brenda

oneoff said...

I think hoarding those scraps and papers is a great idea; you never know what new projects they might generate. Good luck with the fundraising.

Kyla said...

What a great idea-good luck with the tags

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm so late getting here, but I got distracted when I first came to your blog. While looking for your WOYWW post, I saw your lovely tags and a few other Halloween related goodies. Happy really belated WOYWW from #1.