Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Talking trash, stash trash....

I have mentioned before in my blog about how much stash trash (off-cuts and reminants) I keep. Actually, if I can punch a flower from the off-cut I will (before throwing it out). As a result, I now have a little tub of punched flowers in a variety of different colours, shapes and sizes which i use frequently.



I also keep straight edges in an old 12" pencilcase, from trimming things down to size...just incase.

Well, I'm not sure what the 'just incase' was going to be, but after reading the ribbon article in one of the scrapbook magazine (that i read several times) I wondered if i could do a faux ribbon weave with those offcuts. You can see the result below.

OK, so it took me longer than normal, but it was actually a lot of fun. I think i got some cool backgrounds for my cards. Not sure I would attempt these on a regular basis, but it was a good exercise in using up stash trash.

I would be interested in seeing what everyone else uses their stash trash for. Put a link in the comments, I promise I will pop over to check it out.

start with a base shape.
 I used a cut out part of a tissue box

select colours of offcuts for the weave



tape to end to secure. making sure all
strips are longer than the
cardboard shape, this helps the weaving process




once the weave is complete glitter a
strip of double sided
 tape at the top and cut out image

attach to the paper weave and the topper is
ready to mount onto the card


No comments: