Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A good night's sleep...

goes right out the window with a poorly girlie.

An advert running currently on facebook states that getting less than 7hrs sleep a night doubles your risk of heart attack; increases risk of congestive heart failure; slows your metabolism & makes you hungry (great combination there)

4 hrs sleep for 6 nights in a row can do the following:

impairs glucose intolerance (a sign of prediabetes)
your immune system struggles to fight infections
never mind dark circles and fine lines or decision making, concentration and memory, mood swings and headaches.

I wonder what 4 years of not getting enough sleep does to your body?


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What chance all mothers!!! Both my children didn't sleep through the night for years - they napped and I would have napped with them if it weren't for it being the ideal time to catch up on jobs that I had no chance of doing while they were awake. I do have impaired glucose tolerance, I have the dickiest immune system and dark circles, fine lines - the list goes on - so it must be true :(

Hope Ayla recovers soon - sounds like she is going through the wars again.

Hugs, Elizabeth xx

PS: As I recall Margaret Thatcher ran the country on 5 hours of sleep and see what a job she made of that!!!

Twiglet said...

Oh I do hope Ayla is soon better. There is nothing worse then trying to cope with a poorly child when all you want to do is curl up and get some quality sleep. Take naps when you can. x Jo