Monday, September 7, 2015

What's in a blog name

It's a signpost to where you want to go, where you have come from and where you are just now.

Akilli Melek is Turkish for clever angel, but Melek is also a girl's name. They were two of the first words that I learnt.

Also, I should mention that in Turkish there are two 'i's. One with, and one without, a dot above it. Akilli shouldn't have the dots, but when I was creating the blog I couldn't work out how to change my keyboard. Hey ho!

The first time I visited Turkey was a girls holiday. We all had to choose a Turkish girls name. It was kind of a giggle. In the resort all the Turkish waiters would have British names. They said it made it easier for the tourists. So we decided one night to have Turkish names, to repay the favour. One of the waiters said that I should be called 'clever' Angel, and it kind of stuck!  We did have a giggle that night, but I couldn't get used to being called something else so it didn't last long.

5 years ago, when I was living in Turkey with my husband, I started my blog. I thought it was appropriate that my blog should reflect that.


No comments: